A Note From Turrentine Middle School's Dance Team
April 6: Information Meeting, 5:30pm, TMS Library
April 27, 28: Tryouts, 3:;30-5:30, TMS PE Suite
Tryout Packets: Can be picked up at the Information Meeting or in the Front Office
Special Olympics Spirit Week
Monday - Comfy Day
Rest up for the games (wear your sweats, athletic apparel)
Tuesday – Super Hero Day
Everybody is a hero to somebody (dress in a super hero T-shirt)
Wednesday – Neon Day
Be Bright, Be Happy, Be You (wear neon/bright colors)
Thursday – Team Day
Team up to create a better world (wear your favorite sports team jerseys or shirts)
Friday – Color Day (Yellow is the 2017 Special Olympics color)
Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt (Olympic athlete oath)
Fill up the coin banks in the atrium with your coins (and dollars) all week.
The grade level who collects the most money will earn an extra recess time.
All proceeds will be donated to Special Olympics of Alamance County.
Early Release Day
Dismissal at 11:35
May 1 & 2
Talent Show Tryouts
Teacher Appreciation Week
Field Day - All Grade Levels
8:30am-10:45am: Grades 3, 4, 5
12:00pm-2:15pm: Grades K, 1, 2
5th Grade Celebration
K-4 End of Year Celebrations
Last Day of School
Early Release at 11:35am
Car Circle Drop Off (AM)
Pick Up (PM) Procedures
At Highland, student safety is a top priority! The guidelines we have established for morning drop off and afternoon pickup are to ensure maximum safety for ALL students. Please help us by complying with all procedures and requests given by staff members.
- Please refrain from cell phone use during car circle.
- Look carefully before changing lanes to help prevent accidents.
Morning Drop Off:
- If you choose to park and walk your child in, you must park in a space and walk your child ACROSS the crosswalk.
- Always use crosswalks when walking students into the building.
Afternoon Pick Up:
- Parents may NOT walk up during dismissal to pick up their child. Between 2:20 and 3:00, pick up must be done through the car circle line.
- For safety, students must enter from the right side of the vehicle only.
- To keep our car circle moving smoothly, if you need more time to settle your child into your car, after you pick them up you may pull into the parking lot to rearrange.
- If your child is not at a colored cone and you have to wait for them, a staff member will motion for you to pull forward to the flagpole while you wait for your child to come to your car.
To view the images below in a larger window, please visit our "New to Highland" section under our School Information tab at the top of this webpage.
Morning Drop Off Traffic Pattern
Afternoon Pick Up Traffic Pattern